The following list contains hand surgical procedures which Dr Mison performs on a regular basis. Most of these are Day Surgery procedures which can be carried out at St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Lismore.
- Carpal Tunnel Release.
- Contracture (Dupuytrens Disease) release.
- DeQuervain and trigger finger release.
- Arthritis surgery. A quite common procedure performed is for arthritis at the base of the thumb.
In many instances, surgery is not the appropriate initial treatment. In particular, for arthritic conditions, referral to a rheumatologist, a specialist in the diagnosis and medical treatment of arthritis, might be a more useful step. Your GP is the best person to talk to first.
Dr Mison also treats a range of traumatic conditions of the hand such as:
- Fractures of the hand and wrist.
- Tendon injuries.
- Digital (finger) nerve injuries.
Many hand conditions and procedures require input from a qualified hand therapist, in order to ensure the best outcome possible. Our practice has a close working relationship with local hand therapists.